Here we are again, with a new poster of the various GitHub communities!
Unlike last year, we won’t try to sell printed poster, as it’s too much work. However, feel free to download and print it yourself. The size of the poster is A1, so you should have no difficulties to find a shop that will print it for you.
Last year, while creating the first poster, most of the work had been done manually by Antonin, our graphist. When the graph was ready in Gephi, we did an export in SVG that we imported into illustrator, and then Antonin did all the work to create the awesome poster.
This was the first time we did this kind of work, and he spent a huge amount of time on this one. As we wanted to produce more poster of this kind for our clients, Antonin looked at some solutions to automate the process. He found a nice solution with scriptographer.
Now we use the following workflow:
- export your graph from Gephi in SVG
- import the graph in illustrator
- copy the SVG into a new document with the size you want
- execute all the scripts that will:
- extract informations about communities
- add title / logos
- add the miniatures for each communities
- let you put a label for each communities and change the colors if needed
This way we’re able to produce within a few minutes a poster.